Saturday, 3 May 2014

Birthday celebrations

Last week was my birthday, and I had some truly wonderful celebrations in the evening, so I thought I'd share a few of my favourite pictures from the day here. It's pretty picture-heavy so I've made them smaller than usual, but you can click on any of the photos to enlarge.

The day started with Vegan With A Vengeance tofu scramble (yum!) and kitty snuggles. A good start :)



After a very relaxed day at home, I then went out with a few friends for dinner at The Auld Hoose, a pub in Edinburgh which has an extensive and well-labelled vegan menu, including nachos which come complete with vegan cheese! The Auld Hoose is definitely one of my favourite vegan-friendly pubs in the city.




After dinner, we went to the Edinburgh Greenpeace fundraising ceilidh at The Counting House, which was lots of fun! I pretty much wore myself out dancing that evening.

















After the ceilidh had finished, a few of us went to Opium (of course!) for late-night rock music and more social chat. I didn't take any photos ...

I had such a lovely day, with good friends, food and dancing, and it made for a really great birthday celebration. Who could possibly ask for more?

2 comments: